Sunday, November 30, 2008

A whirlwind of fun






We let Carter have the honors of throwing the switch to light
up our big ol' tree! He was tickled


Mistletoe boy! Kisses anyone


Who would have thought that I could possibly say that packing up a family of five and hopping on a plane to jet to Minnesota would seem a bit less busy than the break we have had. Don't get me wrong, it has been a whirlwind of fun activities. But heading back to the routine and structure of the work week looks a little less busy. SHeez! I think this week's menu will be consisting of left overs and "made ahead meals" from the freezer. Thursday we hosted my parents here for Thanksgiving which was nice. Friday I had my two best friends and their kids over for a play date (8 kids five and under) whee! See the pictures. Then Friday afternoon we assembled our Christmas tree which was so much fun. I just love all the traditions and excitement of the decorating. Saturday we headed to Lakeview to celebrate Christmas with the Blackmer family. And today we had brunch with our small group (that's really not all together that small anymore) at our home. Now I am taking a little time to enjoy a cup of coffee and post while the kids relax and enjoy Mary Poppins. It appears as if we are inside a snow globe with the beautiful snow falling outside. I assume once the movie is done we will be headed out to the "slope" aka our driveway for some family fun. Then we'll bathe the kiddos pop them into bed, and prepare for the first week of December. How is it already the holiday season? I have so many fun and wonderful things I want to do with the kids this season. They are at such great ages. Well here are a few pictures. The pictures tell better stories than I can at this point. If not, I've included a few captions.

Decorating the tree:


Christian is drolly and a bit cranky due to the 2 teeth he is getting.
Who knew the Christmas Tree BOX would bring so much joy to the kids???






One of the favorite activities to do when we have
guests is to play dress up. Here Elle & Luke are
dressed and ready for their trip to Hawaii




My dear friend Shannon holding baby Colton. Kaylie
is loving his tiny head

Serving lunch to the crowd. I have a new respect
for the mom of 8 kids. How does she serve all those
kids three meals a day??

Dominic, Kaylie (cat), Elle (Hawiian princess)




















1 comment:

Kirsten Carlson said...

Adorable, adorable, adorable...no other words to describe your clan!!! Happy December!!!