Monday, November 17, 2008

It's Monday already?

Last week was a bit of a blur, thankfully Mom and Dad were able to come stay with us and watch the kids while Scott and I went to work. Our daycare provider was on vacation in Florida for her daughter's wedding. The kids just loved their time with Grandma and Grandpa. We were even able to celebrate Grandpa's birthday while they were here. Ella had fun decorating and making his cards. I was buried between IEPs, conferences, and attending a conference that I unfortunately didn't even have time to make a cake.
Friday I had the chance to visit with a friend from college and her two adorable girls. It was so fun to see Ella play with their almost 3 year old and have a chance to catch up with Lisa. We both are so blessed to have healthy, happy families!

Saturday we woke up and were on a mission. We had to get the yard cleaned up and knew that the snow was coming so we went out and worked like mad man and woman to get all the leaves up. Hooray we did it! Thankfully, just in time since it began to snow mid afternoon. After we put the kids down Scott and I had an exciting evening of work! There we sat in the living room, him working on his computer and me prepping lessons and materials for the week....YIPEE! Tis the fate of working parents I suppose. I took the day off today to watch the kids since we still don't have daycare. We also had the pleasure of watching our friend's from small group kids. So it was me plus 5 kids 5 and under. WHew! Both of those boys are adorable. I hope that Christian and Carter get along as well as they do. It's 3:00 and I think I could go to bed by 5. I hope dinner somehow miraculously gets on the table. Not sure how Mrs. Brady did it with the Brady Bunch...oh yea, she had Alice the house keeper/cook right??? All in all it's been a fun stretch we've had lately. Can't believe tomorrow is Tuesday. Only 4 days of school this week and two next week. Then I will have to prep for Thanksgiving dinner at our house. It'll only be us plus Mom and Dad. Another fun packed week ahead! Hope all is well with you and your family.

Carter and Ella and loving the fact that it snowed here almost all day yesterday. They think it is now "Christmas". Carter and his whole issue of not transitioning well between seasons proves problematic at times. Today he just ran out the slider door in socks, left the door open and came running back in with the biggest smile on his face and two handfuls of snow. It didn't take long for the smile to turn upside down and for him to start hollering about how cold his hands are! Still has lots to learn about the change of seasons. He is so precious how he keeps walking around the house looking out the windows saying, "can you believe it mom?? Look at the snow" :) The simple joys of 2 year olds.

1 comment:

Kirsten Carlson said...

Russell and Carter would get along SO well!!! When Russell saw the snow, he instantly said, "Santa bring me firetruck?" Where he learned that snow and Christmas go together, I have NO idea!!! Boys!!!