Friday, November 7, 2008

fall fun
















We absolutely love fall at our house just because of all the fun we have in the leaves! As you can see from these shots, Christian just loves the sight and sound of these crunchy things! Carter and Ella are into making big piles and jumping or sliding through them. They also got a kick out of burying each other. Christian loves peek a boo these days so he found it highly entertaining when they would cover each other up and then "pop" out! This afternoon, Carter was feeling exceptionally lovely dovey to Christian, and for the most part tolerated all the hugs!


This past week has been so gorgeous. I keep telling the kids, this is the last stretch of warm weather. We went for a nice walk yesterday. It was one of those magical walks. We typically find something interesting on our walks, however yesterday was magical. We are always exploring nature and yesterday we came upon a small field of milkweed plants. Now on the surface, that doesn't sound to thrilling. To the 5 and two year old it was fascinating. The wind was blowing just right and the kids were in a snow storm of milk week seeds (for those of you unfamiliar with your weeds..think really big dandelion fluff). I felt blessed to be able to watch my kids enjoying the beautiful outdoors, their time together, the simple joy of life in general. It was a miraculous day!


I also got to meet one of the most beautiful babies in the world. My best friend Kelly had baby number three this week, a beautiful, tiny baby boy-Colton Lawrence! At just 6 pounds and a few ounces, I have a hard time believing Ella was ever that small. I could have just sat, stared, and smelled that precious babe! What a gift from God! How miraculous. I just loved him up so much I had to get a hold of him again today. So we went for a quick visit. Ella was just as smitten! Of course, she asked when we could have another baby. Ha Ha! I said I was in awe...not CRAZY! Colton made Christian just seem so BIG. How fast time flies. I hope you are had a good week. We are in the process of packing and heading to Indy for the weekend to celebrate Josie's dedication. I can't wait to get my hands on her either! Christian is moving all over. Crawling like a crazy kid. I won't be too good about posting next week. I have an insanely busy week at work with conferences and some training. Mom and Dad are coming to stay with us since our daycare is going to FL for her daughter's wedding for a little over a week. I am so grateful for retired parents and their willingness to come, roll up their sleeves, and pitch in. The kids are ecstatic! Gotta go, Carter just came out of the bathroom wearing nothing but an interesting mustache design of my newest shade of dark lipstick! Whew, this kid keeps me on my toes! :)




1 comment:

Lisa said...

Liza, I was in love with your post all through but the end just cracked me up! What a fun time for kids. I was just imagining the milkweed storm -- what a perfect memory!