Sunday, December 20, 2009

Well Worth the Wait

Ella's birthday was back in August and Grandma Blackmer had given her tickets to the theater performance of Cinderella for this weekend. Today was filled with anticipation and excitement as we went to church this morning, enjoyed lunch, and then left for a fun girls afternoon filled with theater, giggles, coffee, and dessert. Here we are in front of our tree, just before we left for the afternoon.
Ella and Grandma in front of one of the trees at the Civic Theater.

Grandma landed us stellar seats, at times we could have reached up to touch the costumes as they floated past us. We were in the fifth row! Wow! Talk about setting a standard.

At the end of the play some of the cast came out and did a question and answer session. The audience of all ages, asked different questions. Ella was even called on. Her question was, "how did you turn the pumpkin into the carriage?" It was a pretty magical stunt. The fairy god mother rolled a pumpkin off stage and a poof of smoke appeared and then this magical carriage came rolling in. We were all awe struck. It was a wonderful performance, although not exactly the Disney movie feel Ella had anticipated. Cinderella was a brunette, there wasn't one song from the Disney movie and shock-ER.....the glass slipper didn't break at the end. :) It was so special, I hope this is one of those memories she will ALWAYS remember.


Since we were so close to the front, we were one of the last ones to leave and the Fairy Godmother (who was magical, and sparkly, and beautiful, and had the most magnificent voice) was on stage.by.herself.... so we asked for a picture and she was precious, she sat and talked with Ella (who by the way, was in tongue tied). It was very special.
We went into the lobby hoping to catch a glimpse and lucked out AGAIN... Cinderella and Prince Charming were signing autographs and taking pictures. How sweet! It was a fairy tale kind of day! The happiest of endings is that all our children are nestled in their beds. Oh wait, I think that is part of the Night Before Christmas....that post will be coming this week.


Stay tuned, we've been so busy doing all sorts of fun things but I haven't had time to blog. Hopefully, I'll be able to catch up in the next few days since we are on break for 2 weeks. Yipee! So much to do!

3 comments:

Kirsten Carlson said...

So much fun!!! I can't wait to take Sloane to these events!!! Enjoy your time off. I am in school til Wednesday...yuck...then traveling til Tuesday...double yuck!

Margo Lynn Laug said...

What a wonderful time Liza! We took Olivia to see the dress rehearsal of Cinderella and she loved it too. Love to read about all of your families adventures and see your beautiful pics :)

Margo Lynn Laug said...

Oops. I meant all of your FAMILY'S adventures. I am a tired English major :)