Today we had a lovely West Michigan afternoon. We attended church together as a family and watched the fluffy huge flakes fall to the ground. We had a hearty meal of meatloaf and scalloped potatoes, followed by a hearty afternoon of playing with all the magical toys given this Christmas. The day was topped off just right by heading out to the nearest "mountain" to enjoy an hour or so of sledding fun. Elle and Carter were speed demons. Fearful of nothing! Before we left, our little Elle was purposefully and gleefully launching herself off the "jumps and bumps" with the big kids. Christian had huge tears running down his face but huger yet was the smile on his face as he cruised down the hills with mom and dad. It was a great afternoon. Filled with the wonderful memories I hope our kids tuck away in the corners of their hearts to share with their kids someday. We ended the day with hot cocoa, pizza, and game night. I tell you, we are a competitive bunch. We played Blink and Go Fish for over an hour. Scott and I were both focused and in stitches. We are so blessed. The kids made no fuss of being tucked in to bed tonight. They each have a pile of new books to peruse (which warms my heart to see). I often find myself magically drawn to their bedroom doors after tucking them in to watch or listen as they enjoy the books. One of the favorites right now is a treasured keepsake they received from Grandma Blackmer. She is notorious for the books she ALWAYS shares with them. She traditionally reads The Night Before Christmas every year. Well this year, she bought a recordable book. It is the night before Christmas book, and her voice is recorded reading it. The kids take turns each night listening to it. They think it is magical that she uses the kids names at the beginning. How special. Mom, if you read this: thank you for this special and very touching gift. They adore it!
As the snow is magically continuing to fall, I must go. There might not be school in the morning, but we have had too much fun today and laundry and ironing are calling to me! I wonder if I will be able to drag my butt out of bed tomorrow morning? I lost count of how many times I climbed that huge hill today...pulling a kid in a sled!
Sunday, December 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Fun! My mom and dad gave the same book to our kids with their voices recorded. The kids LOVE it! Isn't it great!!!
Post a Comment