I had the rare occasion of having Christian all to myself for a couple of hours tonight. Scott had hurried home to take Ella and Carter to their last swimming lesson and I sent them on their way with packed bags and a little extra joy in my heart knowing that I would have some uninterrupted time with Christian. He is perpetually adorable in all his little boy ways. Recently, he has begun running up to you and really smacking your arm or leg to get your attention. When you look into his face, his eyes sparkle and he smiles, then you know this gesture is a 'third child's' way of getting attention around here. He is in the habit of coming and "tattling" on one of the big kids. They will be playing in the other room and some confrontation will occur, he scampers in, yells, "Mooommmeeeee" and then gives the the offenders name proceeded by gibberish but said in a tattling tone. Hil-a-rious.
Currently, as I type, he has gone to the cupboard picked out some dried pasta and is feeding the family picture. It is the family picture we had taken over Thanksgiving with Scott's side of the family. He feeds each one saying, "some na-mma" "some papa, some Josie" It is precious. Since he has finished, he's taken the pasta and is smashing it on the freshly cleaned kitchen floor. Ahhh!
But I must record his conversational attempt tonight. We were snuggled in his favorite place, reading a pile of books (his favorite thing) and he SMELLED. I looked at him with a raised eyebrow.
His response, "Poopppp-eeee Mom"
Mine: "Go grab a diaper."
His: "tay- mom"
brings the diaper and wipes to me and then lays down
I open the diaper and raise another eyebrow--whew!
His response; "Ninky poopy mommeee, sowreee.....deep breath and long pause..."Pee---you stinky poopppe mom! So sowree."
I smile laugh and think to myself, hey we just had a conversation.....about poop. What else should I expect from my youngest son??
He is growing up so fast, I find myself tearing up some days over how fast it has gone.
Well the Christmas tree is swaying he is pulling the garland off. Must go!
Wednesday, December 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment