Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas Eve

Since this holiday season has been filled with joy and merriment, I wanted to extend it with multiple postings. We have been so abundantly blessed in many ways.
We had a nice yet simple message at church during the later afternoon then we traveled the rather icy roads to Mom and Dad's. The kids had fun playing with their usual favorite toys from Grandma's house. We sat down and enjoyed a surprisingly smooth and very scrumptious dinner of Prime Rib, twice baked potatoes, veggies, and salads and I can't forget the delicious pomegranate martinis!
I would love to say bedtime was as smooth as dinner but....it wasn't. Christian was up twice, Carter-well, I lost count! And we were ALL up by 6:00 to enjoy the festivities. Boy, it was a fun day. We filled it with gift giving and receiving, merriment, and oh yes, a little demonstration of the "competitive nature" of our family stay tuned for Christmas day pics. Grandma is teaching Carter how to use this fun (old) toy.
Elle and Grandma are styling Ainsley for the festivities

Playing a game of Uno (Christian is so cute and had to squeeze in)


The beautiful tree


Sprinkling reindeer food in the driveway before bed


Listening to "The Night Before Christmas"
and to all a good ;) night!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Looks like you guys had a fun Christmas! That was such a beautiful tree!