Thankfully, our family is a very healthy family! Not to brag or jinx us but Ella has never been on an antibiotic, Carter has only had one ear infection on his first birthday, and everything else has been sniffles or the once in a great while stomach flu. However, On Thursday Carter woke up at 4:00 am needing me to snuggle. Which I thought to be a bit odd, but he is a hard core snuggler (just not usually at that hour). When he woke up crying and hot I knew he was coming down with something. I was all dressed and ready to head out the door for a busy day of work, however my son needed me. So I changed clothes and crawled into my bed with him so we could snuggle to his heart's content. Turns out, he had a serious case of strep throat. We headed to our pediatrician's office on Friday afternoon to confirm it. I was worried because he wasn't eating anything, had broken out in a sandpaper rash, and his eyes were red and swollen. He missed two days of daycare but after being on the antibiotic is seeming to rally back to his normal busy self. I am praying that Ella sails through this along with Christian. The doc said we should know by Sunday night if someone else was going to get it. Here I sit with my legs and fingers crossed that we have dodged the bullet of sickness. So I won't be posting any pictures from the weekend...since not much happened. The kids stayed in their pjs today until it was time for their bath. I can honestly say my hands are raw from all the disinfecting, cleaning, and washing of hands I've been obsessive about. It took me over a week to post a 'few' pics from last weekend. So that should keep the grandma's happy!
News from the weekend: since we stayed in, Christian decided to come up with a few new tricks:
1. waving to everyone. We make such a fuss about it that he must think we are ridiculous!
2. Walking behind his push toy
3. turbo crawler....can't take your eyes off him for a mere second
4. some new funny faces-one that looks bashful, one where he closes his eyes and tilts to the side, and one where he sticks his tongue against his new two bottom teeth
5. he sounds exactly like Gus Gus from Cinderella and says,"da, da, da, da, da" in the deepest raspiest voice. It is simply precious, and I don't see any reason to encourage him to say anything new for a good long while.
This week should be busy at work. Wrapping up things with the school kiddos. I am doing a little project on Wednesday with Ella's class. She and I are both excited! I am looking forward to some time off from work. I am a bit frustrated with a few things there and honestly..the kids have gone right off the deep end. The anticipation of the festivities has them thinking of everything other than academics! YIKES!
Sunday, December 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I will keep my fingers crossed too! Having sick children is NO fun!!!
Strep attacked our house, too. Caroline got it first and I thought it was just a bad cough, but something told me to take her to the doctor. They confirmed it was strep, and while I felt badly for my sweet baby, I was glad at least there was something for her to take to feel better! A week later, I got it! Hooray! Too bad I waited until I was really bad to go see my doctor. I could have avoided at least three agonizing days. After just two doses of amoxicillin, I was feeling good! Serves me right to try and be tough. Hope your Christmas was fun!
Post a Comment