
On Sunday afternoon we had quite the blast of winter weather. The conditions were perfect for some outdoor fun. (In my book..not too cold, no wind, and plenty of snow) We bundled the kids up which had me tired out before we even stepped foot into the white stuff and headed out. As we have known for some time, Christian is the least adventurous of our three. It was no different with the snow. We plopped him in the
toboggan and Ella was
enthusiastic about pulling him around the yard. However, Christian we less than thrilled. He just kept staring at all of us with this look of bewilderment on his face, as to say, "you people look silly! I hear my family but can barely tell its you under all those fluffy clothes. And why would you be laughing and jumping around out here, it IS cold???" He tolerated a few swings around the yard and then I took him in to snuggle and snooze for a bit. When I returned outside there was a joyful banter taking place in the woods. Squeals of delight and exaggerated injured sounds came from Scott and the kids while they participated in their first snowball fight of the year. I managed to sneak up on them and get them each with one good snowball. Then all three of them turned all the energy and snowballs on me. :) It was a riot!

"not so sure I like this white stuff"
Some action shots from the snowball fight

Ella learned that she could take cover behind the trees while
she prepared her next ball.

Bombarding Dad is so much fun

I offered a sled ride to get them to stop throwing snow at me!

Carter's snow angel.


I took them under a tree and dumped the snow on them!

Lots of fun under the snowy branches.
1 comment:
As much as I dislike winter, it is so WONDERFUL for the children! It looks like your entire family was joyful. Remember these moments forever!!!
Post a Comment