Sunday, September 7, 2008

Turning 5 was so much fun!

Wheww! It was a weekend jam packed with lots of giggles and merriment! Ella had so much fun with all her friends at the party on Saturday and then turned around to have another fun filled day playing with all of her new gifts. I wish I could write tons to go with these pictures but considering that I need to finish about 10 more things on my to do list AND get up and teach in the morning. I must get going. It sure was a fun time and I am still stunned that our little girl is 5!


Playing pin the rainbow on the pony






Carter was all "wrapped up" in the excitement--thanks Mary for keeping Carter busy during gifts.






Carter was excited to give Ella her gift of Littlest Pet Shop that he picked out just for her.
The right gift for our obsessive cleaner, launder', and ironing fanatic!.....a washing machine for her cottage!

Christian and Grandpa looking in on all the action.


Ella, her preschool friend Anna, and Gus ready to party!


Scott was tickled that the kids enjoyed the playset!


Ella wanted to make sure that we encorporated the candles into every aspect of the party. Here we have Birthday pizzas...man they were huge. Anyone want to come over for a few leftovers?


Christian was all hyped up with all the action at the house. He barely noticed when I stuck one of the party hats on him for a quick photo op! What a cutie!


This was so precious...we told Ella to close her eyes because a few of her gifts couldn't be wrapped and how sweet...all the girls covered their eyes as well! This was a special handmade, sure hit, gift from Justin & Kel. Grandpa Larry (LUke's grandpa) handmade a barn for Ella and Aunt Kel filled it with cats (Ella's dream) and a blonde girl riding a horse. It was perfect! She has played with it non stop!


Grandpa and Grandma Blackmer make sure Ella is all set for the next rain! She was so excited about this outfit that as she woke this morning with the rain pouring she said "well that's great, I can wear my new boots, coat, and umbrella to church". Well wouldn't you know it stopped raining just before we left home, however that didn't stop her from wearing the gear to church. Yep, my kids were the only ones skipping into church (in the sunshine)sporting their umbrellas and rain gear. It was cute!


all the girls covering their eyes at the unveiling of the gift from her Uncles and Aunts and Grandpa & Grandma Moorlag.....


The purple bike with butterflies was a HUGE hit!

She took it to the park today to practice riding the big bike!

This year Ella was all about the candles. No fancy Pony shaped cake this year. Just 5 tall candles and a sparkley purple and pink 5!
I should have guessed that Carter would love the Blue Moon icecream this month. At least I accidentially put him in a similiar colored shirt!
Christian loves chatting with Grandma!

3 comments:

grandma m said...

Looks like another funfilled birthday party! Glad Ella liked her bike. Won't be long and she'll be riding it like a pro!

Margo Lynn Laug said...

I can't believe your little girl is 5! She looks so happy! What a great party.

Kirsten Carlson said...

I miss you so much Liza!!! I look at your blog and think how much I wish I could be in on all that action and have my kids play with yours. We will definitely have to plan a gathering!!! Motherhood is so awesome and I commend you on all your well planned parties and activities. Keep in touch!!!