Every once in awhile I find myself thinking crazy thoughts. These thoughts mostly occur at night (when sheer exhaustion kicks in), the house is quiet and it's just Christian that remains awake. I find myself sad that this is the last set of firsts. Ever so often, some crazy hormone tears me up to think that Christian is our last baby. We are so FAR from having a fourth that it's not funny. Who ever knew having 3 kids 5 and under was so stinking much work? But setting all that nonsense aside I find myself in awe of his wonderful tricks and discoveries. The other two, verbally and physically exhausting children are in dreamland and then I get sad watching our chunky little monkey smile and squeal on the floor. Delighted that he is the center of attention and pretty proud of himself and his new tricks. Yep, the little guy is conquering some new territory these days. He is highly proficient at rolling to get to toys out of reach. He is also very concentrated on doing the army crawl. This is where the sadness comes in. I am sad (for the moment) that he is already doing some of this stuff. Last night he even managed to get himself on all fours. I know, why didn't I grab the camera?? I think I was just to shocked and stunned that he was doing this so early. Carter moved early...well actually that kid"s NEVER been still even in uetero and he's never slowed down. But Christian has surprised me because I just didn't think he had the personality to want to move this soon. But he has and I am sad! But I can't stay sad too long because he is so proud of himself and he smiles so matter of fact with the cock of his head as to say, "hey mom did you catch that...I'm pretty good!" He has even began to sit up for short bouts of time. I wonder what he'll be doing by the time Grandma and Grandpa Moorlag get here in two weeks? Oh yes, he has also started enjoying some new foods. He had biter biscuits Thursday night and was cleaner than I could have ever imagined that whole experience going. He also had yogurt for the first time last night. They were both well received and seemed to have settled well. He is still most interested in bananas so I throw the sweet potatoes and avocado in with it. Scott's repulsed, but what does he know. He doesn't like guacamole for Pete's sake!
I wish I could write that Christian has decided to sleep through the night for the first time, but that's yet to happen. Ella and Carter both slept through the night at 10 1/2 and 11 weeks. Not so with this guy. But bed time with the other two has been such a battle that Christian asking to nurse for 10 minutes in the middle of the night seems like a small request since he goes down so easily. Once he does sleep through the night expect to see and HUGE thankful blog entry on that! I may drink a whole bottle of wine to celebrate....wait that may not be to healthy (for either of us)!
1 comment:
I can't believe he's starting to move already! He wants to keep up with bro and sis, doesn't he? This was sweet, and so familiar! :)
Post a Comment