ahh!! the sweetness of a beautiful summer evening filled with happy sounds coming from the backyard. The kids are getting along on the swing set. Ella swinging and Carter in the sandbox (of course). Scott was playing around in the yard as well. Christian and I walked out to the play set to get in on the action. I stuck little man into the baby swing (not sure why it has taken me so long to think of this but this is his first time in it) he was in absolute Heaven. Of course Christian is highly entertained with Ella singing and dancing around him which also fills him with joy. It was one of the simple family moments that you hope continues to play over and over in life. Nothing exceptionally special about it just that it was absolutely picture perfect, everyone was happy, together and enjoying the moment. In the sometime chaotic ruckus life as a family of five, I find myself enjoying these sort of spontaneous, quiet moments and refer to them as my simple joys. A sweet moment with one of the kids, a perfect cup of coffee, a chocolate treat, or great trashy magazine also fall into this category! No matter what the simple joy is, I am trying to get better about enjoying the moment. Unfortunately, with school just around the corner I think that it will have to be a more conscientious effort to slow down and live in the moment.
Monday, September 1, 2008
Simple Joys
ahh!! the sweetness of a beautiful summer evening filled with happy sounds coming from the backyard. The kids are getting along on the swing set. Ella swinging and Carter in the sandbox (of course). Scott was playing around in the yard as well. Christian and I walked out to the play set to get in on the action. I stuck little man into the baby swing (not sure why it has taken me so long to think of this but this is his first time in it) he was in absolute Heaven. Of course Christian is highly entertained with Ella singing and dancing around him which also fills him with joy. It was one of the simple family moments that you hope continues to play over and over in life. Nothing exceptionally special about it just that it was absolutely picture perfect, everyone was happy, together and enjoying the moment. In the sometime chaotic ruckus life as a family of five, I find myself enjoying these sort of spontaneous, quiet moments and refer to them as my simple joys. A sweet moment with one of the kids, a perfect cup of coffee, a chocolate treat, or great trashy magazine also fall into this category! No matter what the simple joy is, I am trying to get better about enjoying the moment. Unfortunately, with school just around the corner I think that it will have to be a more conscientious effort to slow down and live in the moment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment