First up in the parade was the loud but very cool firetrucks, ambulances, and police cars. Carter LOVED it but was covering his ears from the noise.
Scott bipped across the road to catch this shot. We didn't want all the pictures to be of the backs of their heads. You can see Ella's bag-o-sweets was filling up fast! I could NOT believe how much candy each of the kids got. It was worse than Halloween. I had to sit in the laundry room ditching all the pixie sticks and broken pieces.

Carter is so proud of the new football he caught.
Carter is so proud of the new football he caught.
It was a perfect day for a parade. We parked at Aunt Janet's house, loaded the kiddos in the wagon along with all our stuff and made the 6 block trek to Jeff & Cathy's house right on the parade route. We had great seats. The kids loved every hot minute of it! It was adorable to come home and watch them form their own parade. Carter had a stick and an empty coffee canister and Elle took the big yellow flag from the bike cart and was twirling away! Carter petitioned me to join the parade as he handed me the tambourine from the music instruments from the basement. He instructed me I had to "MARCH" like him. We made our way around the house and yards a few times while Scott drove the lawn tractor. It was one of those precious moments that connects my childhood to theirs, since Evan and I did the same thing. Gotta go! I've been ping-pong-ing back and forth between posting, the Olympics, and making Ella's birthday invites. Hard to believe she turns 5 in two weeks from today! She wants a My Little Pony party so we're working on it! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment