Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Welcome Gus!




snuggling together while watching TV

We all knew it wouldn't take long before she did this!




...to our surprise, it appears Gus enjoyed the stroll



There's a new distraction in town and his name is Gus! Ella absolutely LOVES her new pet and can not get enough of him. Once we decided that we would take the plunge and actually get a pet, I had been praying for the "just right cat'. It had to be spunky enough to play especially with all the energy this household has, it had to be big enough and tough enough to weather all the love it was bound to get (and the fact that Carter isn't always gentle), it had to be sweet enough to snuggle whenever Ella was feeling the need, and it had to have personality plus to withstand the stuffed animal treatment (see above photos in the stroller). This is a long wish list I was praying for ( oh yes and I didn't want anything that would shed TOO much or meow alot, or pee on the floor, or cause my life any more grief than necessary) and God has provided! Scott and I have found ourselves looking at each other with mouths wide opened saying, "can you believe this cat?? it is sooooo good, sooo snuggly, sooo perfect for our family! It just takes all the love our family has to dole out and doesn't seem to blink. Ella is smitten with this kitten and for the past 4 days it has been well worth every penny we paid! Secretly, Scott and I have enjoyed playing with it after the kids go to bed. He wakes up and gets a bit frisky around 9:30. Which is perfect timing.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Congrats on the new addition! I think cats live for, like, 20 years, so it's nice you like him so well. :) Really, good for you for doing such a major thing for your kids. Gus is so cute! And Ella's face in those photos is adorable.