From this picture you can gather just how uncharacteristically tolerant our dear Gus is. From the look on Carter's face, you can tell that this is a very conscientious "gentleness". Looks like little man is even getting a chance to pet him.
Due to the cooler temps, Carter choose to wear his new jammies. Isn't he handsome in his "poot-bul shammies". Scott and I are just hysterical these days with what comes out of his mouth. Such a honey!
I love this one of the two boys. Yikes! Carter is looking so
much older these days! He refers to himself as "super Carter" a little
game he has picked up at daycare! He runs through the house playing super hero!
This week has been a whirlwind! So much fun, so much newness, and so many memories. Ella is loving school. To my surprise, she finds it exciting that we get to go to school together. For once with her, I feel like a celebrity! (not sure how long it will last so I am taking it ALL in) Each time she sees me in the hall or as I pass her she is waving and watching for me. I am absolutely soaking this up since this isn't the warm reception I'm used to at home. Carter and Christian are my snugglers and Ella...well....lately she's constantly been testing the waters to check out who's in charge around home. Glad things are going well at school but the waters at home have been a bit choppy. I am assured by many this is typical behavior. It doesn't help that we are all a little short on sleep with as busy as it's been.
Here are a few shots from this week. The first day of school Ella was ready to go. The only drama of the morning was saying goodbye to Gus. Luckily, Scott and the boys were staying home so they could take care of him.(Scott had an unusually EASY morning. Carter slept in til 8 and Christian took a 2 hour 45 min nap. Why didn't either of those things happen to me all summer??) Ella had such a great first morning. She skipped to class, hung on her teacher's every word, kept her glasses on, and was excited to come home and tell me all about the day. As we were walking hand in hand to the van, she asks, "so are we coming back here everyday?" I said, yep! She said, "Good!" Oh, I am so grateful she loves her teacher and thinks school is a fun place! It appears we are off to a good start.
Here she is today outside her classroom. She brought in a birthday treat to share with the class (Pony gummy snacks of course--her choice in sticking with the theme)
Ok- so I took a few QUICK shots while she was busy passing out the treats.
She looks so grown up!
She looks so grown up!
I need to go get a few more things around for the birthday party. We are going to have a bit more low key party. The last thing any of my kids need is another toy! It will just be a few friends and family members gathering to celebrate our big 5 year old! Hooray!
1 comment:
So glad school is going well. Isn't it just typical that the kids are angels for Dad?
Post a Comment