Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Summer Goals and objectives

Ahh, summer is such a great time! We fill our days with tons of giggles and wonderful memories, however this summer I had a few MAJOR objectives to accomplish. Outside of trying to grow a healthy and happy family (a lifetime goal) I have also set my mind to the following (all of these are important so they are in no specific order):
1. Get Christian to sleep through the night (albeit that he is the 3rd child, super sweet, and very content...this kid slept longer at night when he was 9 weeks old)
2. Get Carter potty trained. He was closer before Christian was born. In the midst of the chaos of life as a family of 5 I put him back in diapers.. BIG mistake! This goal is not going well. He goes through less diapers in a day but I swear he changes his underpants 12 time due to "ax-wi-dents". How can a mom be mad when he looks so dang cute in his little whitey tighties???
3. Get Ella to give up her trusty bed-time Bear (she's had since birth) and to willingly stop sucking her thumb. Lofty goal -but we can NOT have her sucking her thumb at school.
4. Get this whole 'being a family of five' figured out. Scott and I are officially in zone defense. We are outnumbered by the kids and for the most part it is fun and exciting and CRAZY. Everyday is full of a little chaos. But I think we are getting closer to being more normal--which I have come to appreciate is a very relative term.
5. Enjoy our time with the kids because they are growing up WAY to fast.

No comments: