Thursday, July 17, 2008

Christian's Arrival

I had so much fun making my slideshow of the Fourth of July, that I couldn't think of a better event to put in another slideshow. This will give me a chance to write on our little bundle of boy. Oh, Christian is a lovey! I spent a lot of time praying for a laid back, content, happy baby during my nine months of pregnancy and so far (keeping the fingers crossed) that has been exactly what we've been blessed with. Christian has this angelic personality soaking in all the love that Ella and Carter give to him. Christian adores anyone who will hold him or sit on the floor with him and coo with him. He rarely fusses.... that is unless he is in the carseat with no one to look at in the back seat. Just yesterday he cried from the time we left my parent's driveway until we got to our street. I had to stop a couple of times to calm him. Once that little peanut saw my face, he smiled and was fine...until I had to hook him back in. We've tried our own version of "car seat therapy" and that has seemed to improve quick trips around town but the long trips are troublesome. But honestly, he is so good the rest of the day that I really shouldn't complain. He is my most laid back baby. However, he is taking his own sweet time to sleep through the night. He just can't seem to do it. He is 15 weeks today and Ella was 11 1/2 weeks and Carter 10 weeks. I look at Christian and honestly don't mind he doesn't ask for much so waking with him once in the night doesn't seem like any sacrifice. I just hope he can do it before I need to go back to school in the fall. He will surely weigh enough by then. :)

Let's see I should brag a bit about his new tricks, he is gradually discovering those wonderful hands and the fact that they have this wonderous ability to bring things to his mouth. He rolls from side to side on his back. He is great with tummy time and frequently topples over. Grandpa Blackmer lovingly refers to him as his "little bobble head". Christian has a remarkably strong neck but still gets into a speed wobble at times. He is trying out a variety of pitches and "squeaks" oh and the drool...yikes the kid is soaking wet! He is such a lovey and snuggly kid, I hope it lasts for-ever! Despite Carter "never ending energy" he still is my best cuddler. He twirls my hair and snuggles for long periods of time which brings so much joy to me. I have to soak it all up now because chances are my little brute won't think it is cool someday.

No comments: