I have had the pleasure of having lots of time with my boys the last two days. Ella has been begging to stay at Grandma's for a "whole week". So we decided to give it a go since she and Carter went home with them last Sunday and then Christian and I drove up on MOnday afternoon. The boys and I left on Wednesday evening (yes, we need another round of 'car seat therapy' with Christian since he cried almost the entire hour home) leaving Ella at the lake. She fills her day with lots of "work" as she calls it. She helps Grandma tend the flowers, pick bouquets and when Grandpa needs her to help in the pole barn or a trip to town she is ready and willing. She has also been swimming like a fish, feeding the fish, going for kayak rides in search of turtles, and many other adventures. She is just soaking up all the one on one attention and spoiling she is getting.
Carter to my delight is eating up our time together. We have had so much quality time doing puzzles, playing airplanes, building with Legos, and playing ball. It is funny how much difference one less child makes...don't get me wrong it can still get chaotic around here but to not be refereeing and putting siblings in time outs for hitting is a HUGE improvement. And talk about a major blessing....Christian and Carter has taken afternoon naps at the same time for the past two days. WOW! I don't know if my house has been that quiet before 10:00pm for some time! So I have been trying to get a few closets/cupboards cleaned out and I am organizing pictures that I just had printed off. I spent 45 minutes at Sam's Club the other day printing off oddles of pictures to get caught up. I only ended up printing from the 1st of March through the 4th of July. For Pete's sake, Christian's only printed picture in the house was his birth announcement and baby parts! Poor third child! So in my spare time I have been trying to get caught up on my scrapbooking. I just finished up October of this year! YEAH! That is a huge accomplishment. This winter I just set up my table in the basement and went to town any chance I had to get me caught up before baby #3 was born. Good thing bc I think I am now going to be behind FOR-EVER! Once school starts I never touch it again until January. I miss documenting so much that way. I have been attempting to write sticky notes with key phrases or memories as I stick them in the sleeves. Just a feeble attempt not to forget all the delightful and precious moments. Carter is saying some pretty remarkable things these days and I find myself scribbling his comments on random scraps of paper or napkins b/c Heaven knows my brain is shot at the end of the day let alone 8 months later when I actually get to the scrapbooking.
For example, today Carter and I were sitting down for a serious session of Lego building and he looks at me with those huge blue eyes looking very stern and in his gruff little voice says, "Mom don't knock this one over....you understand me??" I tried to stop the giggle that came up and then I was laughing hysetically while tears came down my cheek. Oopps, I guess I might be saying that a bit much these days! I just adore Carter. He brings SO much to each day. He is so sweet, loving, cuddly, and attempts to be gently but he can frustrate you quickly by doing something like biting the remaining tops off all three of his markers while I make dinner. When I ask him what he was doing his honest reply, "o-tay mom, I NOT do that a-dain!" He is also in the habit of letting me know how 'f-ust-r-ated' he is when things aren't going his way. He gets this little scowl on his face which is just adorable.
We had a great day today. The boys even tolerated me playing a little dress up. One of our family friends gave the kids shirts saying; Big Sister, Big Brother, and Little Brother. I finally got the boys to be in the shirts and in the same room for a millisecond. The pictures are cute but I need Elle for the total effect. We also got another matching outfit from family and the boys wore them to the library for story time last week. The blue and orange outfits are adorable with matching hats. I also put them in their Twins outfits. In attempt to show a little spirit for Scott's favorite team. Go Minnesota! Carter and Scott were able to have some male bonding time out in the front yard playing catch it was too cute. I should have taken the camera out.
Well I suppose I should go, Scott is reading books to Carter which they both think is great since Ella ALWAYS has to have Dad read to her! Carter is busy soaking up each oppurtunity to have time alone with mom or dad. Ella will be back home tomorrow--we sure are missing her.
No comments:
Post a Comment