Sunday, July 27, 2008

Can a family of 5 stay in a one bedroom hotel? We took the challenge!




As I reference in many of my posts: life with three young children is adventursome! However, this weekend we took a new challenge and stayed in a hotel, thank goodness it was in a different state! The whole experience started off well, the excitement of using a 'key card', Ella and Carter sharing a huge bed, going to the pool, etc. During all that fun, we had no clue what the night had in store for us. :) After a morning of travel and then a nice afternoon at Mike and Sarah's we decided to go to the hotel to let the kids swim and exhaust themselves. We figured that the exhaustion factor would bode well for us in the challenge of getting everyone to go to sleep at the same time. The kids had a blast swimming with Dad, Grandpa, Ryan and Carrie. We went back to the room, tried to mimick a similar routine to our home bedtime. It was almost too good to be true. I snuggled up with Ella and Carter reading books shortly after I fed Christian and put him in his Pack N Play. See don't we look like we are having fun?


Well, it was that easy...for a bit. We all fell asleep and things were going smoothly until about 2:45 when I was awaken but the worst sound, Ella had just thrown up. I hollered for Scott to quickly get her. We weren't fast enough. She had gotten sick all over the bed AND Carter. We rushed her into the bathroom and stayed there until about 5 a.m. Poor thing. She was miserable and nursing Christian for him 4:30 feeding was interesting since I was sitting on a cooler in the bathroom next to Ella. Never the less she popped out of bed on Saturday morning wanting a big breakfast of Strawberry miniwheats??? What a memorable event. Someday .......we will look back and chuckle on our first 'family of 5 hotel experience'. We didn't take any pictures in the middle of the night but here are a few that show what fun we had outside of those few hours.


2 comments:

Margo Lynn Laug said...

Oh my you guys are brave! Your kids are adorable! I love being able to connect this way. I'll keep checking in on you and yours:)

kheyboer said...

We live right down the street and are best friends! I learn more about what's going on with you guys by reading your blog than actually talking to you - and it's summer! Can't wait for this class to be over so we can connect. love, kel