We woke up to a rainy Sunday so we decide to hit the Mall of America! Mind you this mall is HUGE! I can honestly say I only made it into three stores that I enjoyed, in the half day we were there. Our main focus was to go to the American Girl store for Ella. This was a complete and total surprise to her. The night before at dinner, Grandma and I revealed our "surprise" to her. Needless to say, she was over-the-moon about it. She spent the morning playing with Logan and getting Ainsley (her American Girl) ready. She is completely into the fun of dressing her, doing her hair, and having tea parties and adventures with her. I remember spending much of my childhood playing with my dolls so I am reliving a bit of my youth through her. Elle is very aware that there are only a few A.G. stores so it made it all the more special that she was able to go to this one. We went to the Chicago store last December before she even had one of the dolls. She thought it was more like a museum than a store. This time around she recalled everything on display from the catalog she got a couple of weeks ago. She has spent hours pursuing the catalog for ideas and gift suggestions for her upcoming birthday. Here are a few shots from our experience at the MALL OF AMERICA.
Tickled...can you hear her giggles and see her on her tip toes with excitement?
A shot of the mall
Taking it all in
The ladies outside the American Girl store
In awe...can you believe it, they have a salon that you can take your doll to. For $20 you can have your doll's hair styled any way you want.

Thrilled to see all the exhibits of the different dolls. Ainsley had to try this bed to see if she would fit. Shocker----she fit perfectly!
With a few purchases....needless to say she didn't see all the stuff I put on hold to sneak back and buy for her birthday.
Back inside the mall there were a million different things going on. Elle and Carter were ecstatic to "run into" Dora and Diego.

The kids rode a few rides and I went back to go some "sneaky" shopping.

Then I met up with the kids and Grandma to go for a ride on the indoor Ferris Wheel. So cool!
Here we are at the top

A look around us....no wonder Carter wet his pants....twice! Can you say, "overstimulating???"
Thrilled to see all the exhibits of the different dolls. Ainsley had to try this bed to see if she would fit. Shocker----she fit perfectly!
Back inside the mall there were a million different things going on. Elle and Carter were ecstatic to "run into" Dora and Diego.
The kids rode a few rides and I went back to go some "sneaky" shopping.
Then I met up with the kids and Grandma to go for a ride on the indoor Ferris Wheel. So cool!
Here we are at the top
A look around us....no wonder Carter wet his pants....twice! Can you say, "overstimulating???"
2 comments:
OMG!!! I can not wait to visit the American Girl Store! It looks so awesome. I hope Sloane continues her love of dolls. And that mall...so totally COOL!!! Dora and Diego too! Russell would have been in Heaven seeing Diego! Glad you guys had so much fun.
That Bubba Gump promoter/character cracked me up! Although, I highly doubt you have deprived your kids -you went to the American Girl store for crying out loud! :) Lucky Ella :)Love it. What a great trip!
Post a Comment