Friday, February 6, 2009

Sweetness after the storm

Maybe it is the sunshine or the fact that it's not -50 outside anymore, but the kids have been so sweet to each other this afternoon. All this is a huge change from what the week has been like. Typically, the Ella and Carter play together very well (which is such a wonderful blessing this winter). However, all the conditions were set for the perfect storm this week: over tiredness, mom & dad both busy with work, being cooped up inside, and general boredom. Last night, I was meeting with the girls from Bible study and Scott could see in my eyes that I had just had it with Ella and Carter. His comment over the whining tones at the dinner table was, "you are coming back, right??????" If it weren't so stinking cold, I would have met him in the driveway as he came home from work.

So what changed everything?? Who knows? naps? the threats of spankings? mom looking possessed as I told them to go to separate rooms? Or just the general fact of TGIF?? By Thursday I was dreading the weekend...now it is looking more promising. :)


As for the happiest baby in the world, Christian just doesn't get phased by much. Which is probably a healthy third child coping mechanism. He is so hilarious these days. He finds the kids, Gus, and Scott and I wildly amusing. He will just sit back and have this huge belly laugh as he is watching the crazy happenings of our so-called-life. He is great. I want to lock myself in a room with him and just soak him all up. He is at such a perfect stage. Although he is nearing the walking milestone, I'm just not ready. He sleeps well, eats well, plays by himself well...ah, he is truly a little gift. I am sad that he is our last but trying to look on the happy side of things, it is a good way to end. I just pray this continues to be the pattern for him. I need to snap some pictures of the growing weed. Hope this is the start to a happy weekend for all!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Enjoy the warmth and send those kids outside to run off some steam! Spring is on its way!