Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Memoirs of a warm day

Shoveling down the big pile of snow.


Whew! even though it is 60 my hands are cold from this snow!

Working in the "pond" with his trusty stick.
Oops! A little mud mom!

Not so long ago, we had the absolutely beautiful, 60 degree, spring-like day. I realized that since it occurred at the beginning of February, it was truly a gift. Like any good gift, we set out to FULLy enjoy it. The kids played outside from the time we got home until I called them in to wash for dinner. It was glorious and wonderful and completely unexpected. It was so nice to open the house (notice that my windows are all open & if you look close enough maybe you can see the evil winter toxins escaping) and we went for a walk. I can honestly say that this was a special day for Carter. He looked at me as if I were a crazy woman when I told him he didn't have to wear his coat. He is truly an outdoorsMAN and is in his element exploring and romping in nature. Here are a few shots! Notice we are wearing rain boots...not snow boots! Ahhh, the promise of spring.
Christian is just as excited to be outside as the rest of us!
Waiting patiently to get outside with the kids. Keeping a close eye on them.

Watering her "seeds" she planted.

Carter showing Christian his work goggles.

Christian thought he was cool since he learned how to go backwards

No comments: