The house was filled with the buzz and excitement stemming from the delivery of an over sized package. Carter was the first to discover it. He was out front enjoying the sunshine, blowing bubbles to pass the time when the big brown package resting on the steps caught his eye. I feel fortunate that I was unloading some things from the van so I could hear his response. He was squealing and gasping toting this big box inside hollering, "Look Ella, look was we got!" Luckily, it wasn't the stack of parenting books I had ordered last week from Amazon!

The kids tore into the box finding wrapped gifts, card peppered with stickers, and .....the much anticipated cookies from Grandma Moorlag!

So right there on the spot, smack dab in the middle of the day we open the Tupperware and each of us enjoyed one of the scrumptious cookies Grandma had made and decorated with love!


Apparently I was so wrapped up in the moment that all sensibility escaped me because I even allowed Christian to have one! As I handed it to him, he looked at me as if I may have lost my mind. Oh the delight!
During all the commotion he slipped under the table (one of his favorite hiding spots these days). There he remained for the next 30 minutes. Happy a lark and thoroughly enjoying the deliciousness of the cookie from Grandma. Seee, she even spoils them hundreds of miles away!


"Quick I better eat this thing before mom realizes what she gave me!"

Peek-a-boo!

Bugger! where did that cookie go??? Is it gone already??? Better bring more when you come in a couple of weeks, Gram!
No comments:
Post a Comment