Today was the end to my winter break from school. Elle and I both had yesterday and today off. It was nice not to have to go to work (although I really like going to work most days) I love the fact that we only have a three day week. Friday will be a fun day at school called Sciencefest with lots of hype, excitement and new experiences for Ella ...and my students of course. However here is a break down of the day:
The Good:
1. We 'slept in' and wore jammies for an extra long time.
2. I let Ella paint my toe nails any color she wanted (a bubble gum pink)..good thing it's not sandal weather)
3. Carter is as healthy as a horse and just as wild!
4. I scheduled a little 'me' time today. I dropped the kids at the sitter, had coffee, a Target run, and went to the salon....by MYself! Yipee! It was shockingly quiet.
5. I love the color of my hair and I didn't have her cut it since I am growing my hair back out. She took her "cutting itch" out on my bangs.{see below}
The Bad:
1.Ella continues to be a crab due to lingering cruddy ickiness (aka: stomach flu)
2. Christian is a goopy mess from all facial orifices.
3. All my shirts are a mess due to the above.
4. Scott is gone overnight on business which creates havoc at bedtime and morning routine and general lonliness for me at night.
5. I hate my bangs (which were cut WAY too short) how long does it take to grow hair????? This would make the ugly list had there not been so much illness and blood at my house today.
The Ugly:
1. I took three kids to the pediatrician bc I just had a vibe that Christian had more than teeth issues....double ear infection and an eye infection. Making me feel really crappy about leaving them at daycare while I indulged! :( Bad mom of the year award goes here!
2. Got home late from Dr., kids were a wreck, TV wasn't working so in a haste to stop the whining I offered to serve pancakes for dinner. Children----overjoyed!
3. During bedtime routine, Ella got the most severe bloody nose ever she bled everywhere for 10 minutes which seemed like hours! I went to put Christian down and HE got a bloody nose as well even with the humidifier in his room. What in the world???
4. what are the chances I will sleep through the night without tears or more blood??
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Liza-you could never put yourself (or your hair) on an ugly list. You are beautiful inside and out (bad hair day or not)!!!
Oh...
Spring...where are you???
Post a Comment