Monday, February 9, 2009

Beating the winter blues


Thankfully the weather has taken a turn for the warmer and sunnier lately. Twas not the case when I snapped the following first couple pictures.
What does one do with three children who are:
tearing up the house, jumping on my bed,
throwing clothes all around throughout the day for "costume changes" ,
wrestling each other, harassing the cat,
pouring out all of my drawer and cupboards (the 10 month old),
and just generally driving us all MAD????????

Well here is what one mother (namely ME) does: Bundles them up, gives them a power snack, then schleps everyone to the Y. While we are there I treat them like I am the drill Sargent and they are my poor subjects. I run them around the gymnasium doing soccer drills, we run/walk(drag Carter) around the indoor track! Yes, by the end Carter was crying laying on the track. When I peeled him off the floor to see what the problem was, he looked at me all red faced and in sheer exhaustion said, "my feet are SOOOOO sweaty mom!" YES! I won. They were all so tired that on this victorious night, they inhaled dinner, begged for jammies and fell asleep during stories. Hey, as an added bonus I got a pretty good workout in to!



Having lots of fun "power kicking the soccer ball as hard as her could. which is definitely NOT aloud in our house! He would kick it into this mat as hard as he could and yell "score!"



I think we have a little speedster on our hands! Glad we have some way to channel his energy!
Enjoying the pool!

I had to snap this shot because Carter fell asleep in the backseat of the van in the middle of eating his sandwich. Grandparents....don't be alarmed I am not DRIVING and taking pictures at the same time!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Liz, this post is awesome! You are an awesome mom! I LOVE the pictures (and the mental ones of you ordering them around!).