We enjoyed a nice long weekend off from work and school. The weather around here has been hit or miss or shall I say hot or rainy and cold! In celebration of the day off on Friday we enjoyed a leisurely breakfast and then headed out to the Meijer Gardens for an afternoon of fun. The weather turned out to be perfect sunny and cool to begin, then it gradually warmed up to a nice summer day. The kids had a blast exploring the outdoors gardens. They weren't ready to leave except for their grumbly tummies. Here are a few pictures of our fun!
We love the outdoors: Sand, sun, and water ALWAYS keep us entertained!
Getting the hang of the scooper!
Teamwork to fill the buckets
Digging for fossils in the rock quarry
More digging in the sand

A raised sandbox..they thought it was awesome
They had to climb on top of the rocks!
Of course we had to play in the huge water tables..shaped like the Great Lakes
I had a little "moment" as I sat on the bench and watched the kids play. I remember when I brought Ella here when she was a tot. Now look at how grown up she is! Wow! Time really is flying by. We have so much fun planned for this summer. We are excited to begin our adventures.
Oh and we had to stop at Culver's on the way home. Christian walked right up to the counter and ordered himself a corndog. I politely told him, they didn't serve those silly things here and the lady behind the counter said, "oh sure we have those!" Delighted, my children ordered one a piece! I was there strictly for the cement mixer so I suppose that makes my intentions no more nutritional! :) What the heck.,.....it's almost summer and we are celebrating.
A raised sandbox..they thought it was awesome
1 comment:
Love it! I NEED to get my kids to the gardens this summer!!! It looks like so much fun for the kids. Corn dogs are high on Russell's list these days too. Can't wait for school to be OUT!
Post a Comment