She seems to be taking it all in stride now and tells everyone who asks, that she is going to a "different kindergarten" next year....all with her little smile. Here is a picture of the class. 
With her favorite teacher!
At the school picnic (which had to be held indoors due to rain) Ella and Mrs. Galer dance in front of a large crowd to the music provided by the very talented band.
Just a few of her favorite friends hamming it up after a lunch of hot dogs and ice cream!
People always told me how quickly life goes by. I never believed them until I had kids. The kids are all at such fun stages and I want to soak it ALL up and enjoy it ALL. I feel like there is never enough time in the day to have all the fun we want and manage to get all the necessary work done. Our life is so full of blessing. Being a teacher can be tough but I am so grateful for June, July, and August. I am thrilled to be filling my days with fun at the park, reading a good book with Elle, splashing in the lake, taking fish off Carter's hook, and listening to Christian babble on and on. I dread how much time my thesis project will take away from this but thanks to naps and early bedtimes, I think I might squeak it out. I am overwhelmed right now since the most writing I've done the last 5 years has been for email, blogging, or modeling for my students at the first grade level. The task of writing in a highly specialized format that requires LOTS of thinking and research is daunting to me. As my good friend Kirsten says, "let's just stay positive about all this!" I am trying to take a cue from her. And so it will be!
With her favorite teacher!
More pictures to come...I promise Grandma! :)
1 comment:
Sounds like it was a really great year for the both of you! Congrats to Ella for the citizenship award!
Post a Comment