Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Funday....not Monday

So it is cold, and snowy, and icy, and did I mention cold? But today we made the most of it! I had a blast inside with the kids. When we got home we all shared a delicious pieces of leftover lasagna that Scott made this weekend. Could it possibly taste better simply because I didn't make it??? Sharing one piece of lasagna three ways sure does help cutting back on calories and it was deliciously fun! The kids went down to their rooms..in hopes of a nap for both of them however, it just turned out to be "quiet time" for them and time for Christian and I to bond. Christian by the way is so fun right now he is busy clapping, cruising furniture, opening every drawer and cupboard in the house, and just being the happy go lucky kid that he is. He is equally obsessed with my hair, as is Carter. I continually tell Scott he should take an insurance policy out on my hair per the chance anything happened to me. Sure Christian would miss the nursing and Ella and Carter would miss the care and love I give but both boys would be lost if my hair was gone!

A little off topic but here was the schedule of our ever so fun day:
-Upon arrival home the kids played in their rooms--it's hilarious to here their conversations with themselves.
-When Carter just couldn't stand to be confined to his room for one more minute I did a cute little art project with them. Coffee filters with blue watercolors and then we cut them to make snowflakes! Turned out pretty cute if I do say so!
-Then I bundled them up and sent them out into the wintry wonderland. They had a blast sledding together and using the barrage of trucks, loaders, tractors, and dump trucks to plow and scoop snow.
- They came in and enjoyed a delicious cup of "snowman soup" which was so cleverly put together by Grandma Moorlag. It was a huge hit. They loved have the cocoa mix to add on their own, topped it off with the included marshmallows, and stirred with the mini candy cane! Adorable!.....don't mention that I ate two of the chocolate kisses that were included...it left them each ONE!
- After that special treat we organized our restaurant. Yep, we turned our dining room in the local pizzeria. Ella and Carter set the table using a play table cloth, baskets bought in the dollar section of Target that resemble old fashion diner baskets, plastic cups (?), and snowman napkins! Then we set right to work on making the pizzas. I gave each kid their own circle of dough and showed them how to make their pizza. Of course they were meat and cheese kids and thought the veggie pizza I made for Scott and I was "too much YUCK!" We even had sprite with dinner! The kids were down right giddy to eat dinner. It was cute. I will include a few pictures I snapped later.

As for now, I am going to fold a bit of laundry and then get up to date on Star Wars. One of my best friends is throwing a Star Wars party for her 6 year old son and one must be in the know for these special events. I also enjoy shopping for theme appropriate gifts.

As a quick side note I just want to praise God....yipee Christian has slept through the night the last two nights and I feel as though I am a teenager again. If this keeps up maybe five years will slip off my face by next week???? Oh bugger by publishing this I am sure to jinx tonight! Here's praying for many more sleepfilled nights!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Way to go Christian!

Margo Lynn Laug said...

I too have found that all food tastes better when prepared by someone else :) And yay for sleep-filled nights!

Kirsten Carlson said...

Sleep always deserves a great BIG YIPEEEEEEE!!!