We have had VERY cold weather here lately. So cold, that I haven't let the kids go outside in quite a long time. Except for yesterday when the sun was warm and it had "warmed" up. For the last week and a half, the kids have been playing this delightful game of TRAVEL. Now this is a game that Ella has been playing since she was about 18 months. She is the biggest pack rat and LOVES to pack things up into different purses, bags, or backpacks and pretend she is headed off on some adventure. She now has Carter tuned into this fun game and they actually spend hours "packing and traveling". As of late, they have made the living room craft closet into their airplane and packed up to go off to Hawaii! They don their swimming suits and even used one of the blankets for the ocean. They were adorable and completely entertained for a long time. They invited me to come, sit on the beach, and even let me read my magazine while I sat there watching them "swim". Christian had to get in on the fun. He is into copying so after watching them run from the hallway, slide onto the blanket and roll around: Christian did his best to join in. He would rapidly crawl onto the blanket then roll back and forth squealing. It was precious. I wish I would have thought to video it. However, I was too busy enjoying the moment...however insane it was to be sitting there watching my kids run around nearly naked as it snowed and was FREEZING outside.
Christian "enjoying" the ocean.
The boys also got haircuts on Tuesday last week. Christian had been pretty shaggy but I just couldn't bring myself to get it cut. But in a lucky chain of unplanned events, we popped into the salon and got the boys all dolled up. They were both great and I think they look pretty (big) and handsome!
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Spring? Are you out there??? Keeping active children busy during these cold days takes a lot of imagination and it sounds like your kids have it!!! Fun!!! Russell also likes to don the swim suit in the middle of winter. Today he had his shirt off with his tool belt on. He was busy "fixing the deck." Boys! Gotta love em!!! I love the picture of Carter in the snow tunnel.
Post a Comment