The spring is busy for us birthday wise. And for my dear friend Kelly, January is her month. So being the ever-so-smart lady she is (along with having an almost three month old & heading back to work next week) she scheduled her first "joint" birthday party for Luke and Brooke. It was one of those wonderful, fun, sweet, and exhausting evenings that I enjoy having. As I watched these two children open gifts in their
living room, I couldn't help reflect on how lucky I am. Here I sit with two of my best friends and their kids, all whom I held in my arms shortly after their arrival into the world. Now I am blessed to be able to celebrate with them in these awesome milestones of their lives. Ella and Luke have grown up to be a little more like brother and sister rather than friends. Carter and Brooke are only three months apart and they are both the firecrackers of each family, which always proves interesting when we gather. Ella and
Kaylie (daughter to Shannon) are the horse lovers {who even managed to follow Grandpa Larry out to the horse barn to help get them settled in for the night} (despite the frigid weather). Dominic and Carter.....well let's just say they made up quite a team at this gathering. Oh, it was so fun to see all 8 of these kids play. I won't lie to you......it did get a little crazy a time or two but hey, what do you expect of 8 kids between the ages of barely six and almost 3 months??? It was a riot and as they continue to grow the times will only be more interesting! Here are a few pictures:

The birthday boy Luke aka a
PowerRanger
The birthday girl

Ella helping to oversee (and photograph) the gift opening


Carter getting down to the important business of eating
(one must take off the party hat, you know)
{Playing dress up in the playroom. What a handsome cowboy}

This picture is precious, Christian was just
enthralled with Brooke, who
happens to be wearing Ella's 2T
jammies! Where has the time gone??
Kaylie & Ella enjoying the festivities

Christian was Mr.
Sociable, waving at anyone and everyone

The C-A-K-E

After everyone else had gone, we snuggled the kiddos into their
jammies to end the night with a movie while the parents enjoyed a glass of wine and conversation. Carter and Dominic didn't get too far into the movie before they discovered throwing the popcorn was more fun than sitting still to watch TV. ........BOYS!@#!
No comments:
Post a Comment