Monday, October 13, 2008

A week's worth of fun

I was busy snapping pictures of all our fun activities last week and in the busy-ness of it all, had no time to blog. When I finally got to the weekend, which by the way didn't slow down much, I realized I had left my camera in the top drawer of my desk.....at school. Ooops! So here I am stealing a few minutes to jot down some of the fun we had. I am so bummed that I didn't have the camera this weekend because the fall colors here are absolutely beautiful. We went for long walks Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Sunday was so great. It was 77 and absolutely breathtaking. We went up to mom and dad's to enjoy a warm fall day at the lake. It was so such a fun filled day full of playing outdoors (but watch out for hailing acorns that can beem you in Grandma's front yard), fishing off the dock, a picturesque kayak ride to see the turtles and beautiful changing foliage and a leisurely pontoon ride around the lake. We even managed to go for a picture perfect hike through the woods that surround the east end of the lake. We hiked the trails collecting different leaves, ewwwing and ahhhing over all the spectacular colors, and searched for the perfect walking stick. Grandpa and Scott managed to impress the kids with their brute strength by pushing over a couple of trees (that were dead and rotten) nonetheless VERY impressive to the 5 and 2 year olds! Thanks to Grandma and Grandpa for leading us on so many fun adventures! Speaking of adventures here are some of the other fun things we did this week:
A Trip to the YMCA:
Ella and Scott went rock climbing. Ella our little dare devil watched Scott and the proceeded to scurry up the wall! Carter sat so patiently watching and soaking it in. He was ever so disappointed when we found out that he has to be 4 to try it!waiting so patiently while Ella is climbing. Look! no diaper for this big guy. He is even going on outings now without accidents! Yeah!
getting hooked into the harness. Look at how high she is!
After all the rock climbing, basketball and soccer playing we hit the pool. Yep, all 5 of us! And we liked it! Christian was in the pool with no complaints for 45 minutes. Ella & Carter are such fish!


Sitting around home! Grandma Moorlag brought Christian this book and he loves it! It's a favorite toy to play with and chew on!


The boys out by our colorful mums!


We went on a walk through our woods and gathered lots of different shaped leaves and came back inside to do leaf rubbings. The kids LOVED it and now we have tons of rubbings hanging all over the house. Ella calls them our fall decorations!



This is a proud mom moment: Ella was nominated Student of the month with one of her good friends Shannon. I took their pictures in front of the bulletin board that displays their pictures and certificates. I was so tickled however, when I asked Ella why she got student of the month, she had absolutely NO CLUE! I guess she is so busy learning that she's not concerned with all the other business of school. :)


1 comment:

Lisa said...

What great pics! Such a lovely week. Congrats to Ella!