One of our favorite fall things to do is go for a walk in our woods. Since the poison ivy is the first plant to die we are able to get out in the woods to explore. Carter is in his glory while out here. He is like a little Elmer Fud in this new fleece that Aunt Pat picked out for he and Christian. Today I was reminded how much fun it will be for the kids to be able to roam, explore, play, and observe nature in our own backyard. Carter surely has my dad's blood running through his veins. He loves trekking paths through the woods, stopping to check out a hopping tree frog, and finding the perfect walking stick. He is quite ready to go hunting with dad yet, as he needs to work on the whole "being quiet" concept. But I see many adventures in their future together. He was absolutely so happy and content outside in the wilderness. I am so thankful for this and it's just what Scott and I envisioned when we bought this house. The house was secondary to the location and school district. So glad to see the kids out enjoying.
Collecting rocks to throw is so exciting!
Ella our budding fashionista put together this lovely look. She wants to wear her headband like her PE teacher. I think Elle's interpretation is a tad off! :0 )They were having fun balancing on a fallen tree.
Chopping down a tree with his stick/saw
They climbed the mountain. That's Elle's pose for king of the mountain.
1 comment:
Love the new pics!!! Russell would be right along side of Carter if we were in your yard!!! He is also quite the outdoors man. Thankfully we can head to Uncle Keith's and Great Grandma and Grandpa's to enjoy the country. We don't have very many opportunities for nature hikes in the city:-) I just love reading your blog!!!
Post a Comment