Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Cue the fairytale music--it's been that kind of day

What do the following have in common?
A totally 'dry' for Carter (in potty training lingo)
A generally happy morning of getting out the door
A good report from both daycare and school
A good long nap from Christian
Children who have played joyfully together all afternoon long
A magical 35 minutes of reading stories to Ella & Carter while ---get this because this is the unbelievable part---they sweetly and willingly shared snacks back and forth
A wonderful time of collecting leaves in the yard, enjoying nature, and then bringing them inside to do leaf rubbings to decorate the house
The UPS delivery of a beautiful pair of pants I ordered from Ann Taylor Loft
Heaps of laundry to be folded
A flat tire on the van --the following two don't even count when the rest of the day's been this good

Generally this would be a list of dream activities for me to aspire to for a week but this happens to be my Tuesday afternoon if you can believe it. Quite honestly, I am sensing this is a "God Moment" nothing short of miraculous! I am soaking it all in but I HAD to blog about it quickly, before the 4 o'clock hour, because typically that is referred to as the WITCHING hour at our house. I have been so consumed in the enjoyment of the day that I have failed to plan anything for dinner. Good thing we have left overs from the weekend--since the Fairy Godmother won't likely show up to Bippity-Bobbity-Boop a dinner worthy of Outback onto our table! Just had to share the wealth of blessings that I have experienced today. Hey! maybe I will even squeeze in a run, a glass of wine, and an early bedtime for myself! Who am I kidding?! That is something only fairy tales are made of! Have a great day.....I know my head will hit the pillow with a big ole' smile tonight. Many thanks to a truly GREAT and gracious God who has provided this for me today. ;)

No comments: