It's official, Spring is our busy season here on the home front! That's because we have so much celebrating to do. We have so many wonderful blessings to count! Just one week after Christian turned one, we celebrated Carter's bday. He loves all things CARS....as in the Disney movie. Since we aren't having his party for a couple of weeks, we had a few things planned to make his day special. I had his place at the bar all set with Cars plate, napkin, and cup, served his favorite breakfast pancakes and topped it with a # 3 candle. He was absolutely tickled. I am sure if that was all we did he would have still been on cloud nine. He demonstrated extreme patience by not opening a gift until after dinner. Ella continuously bugged him asking if he wanted to open just one small one. His reply, "no, Dad would be so sad if he didn't see it." Ahh, such maturity in my three year old man. :)


We always let the kids pick what they want for dinner on their birthday. For some crazy reason Carter chimed in with, "Applebees." We never go here as a family however, he was determined that was what he wanted. He was so adorable, telling everyone around us that he is 'free today, because it's my very own br-f-day." You should have seen his eyes when all the waitress staff came out to sing him happy birthday and let him pick a dessert, he was in his glory.

Yep!, I'm three!..check out this nummy dessert


What a brother, he shared without even consulting mom and dad. He said, "Christian this is so 'dood you gotta have some!"

At home, we had a package waiting on the doorstep from Uncle Ryan and Aunt Carrie (perfect timing) and a few gifts from Elle and Christian. We had a flood of gifts from Christian's party and the big kids were so delighted and entertained with the one-year-olds presents. So we are waiting til the party to give him a few more.

More train tracks from little bro and sis


Christian checking out the package from MN.


A new favorite book. Aunt Carrie, you know just what I love!

Carter always says the sweetest things. He was over the moon about the cake I so sneakily whipped together while he and Ella were playing. He said, "mom, you made this just for me??? Wow thanks! I really like the sprinkles!" He had so much fun blowing out the candles and making the most precious wishes:
Blow out the candles..." I wish, I wish, I wish for the King race car.
Light, blow out, #2: I wish, I wish, for a magnifying glass...of my own.
Try #3: I wish for mommy's hair (????)
#4: I wish for A Leapster.
He was so cute so I just kept re-lighting the candles. Priceless.
2 comments:
Oh Liza, your Carter is so adorable! I love his birthday wishes! He reminds me of Ethan.
Happy Birthday Carter!!! 3-years-old...time flies!
Post a Comment