How handsome are two of my guys in argyle?? Christian wore stripes...while he napped during the snapping of this photo.
Christian missed most of the hoopla of the first egg hunt but was just tickled with the big basket of empty eggs that were calling his name in the living room.
I often wonder what goes through the head of a 5 1/2 year old. This morning after finding her first Easter basket overflowing with spring clothes and goodies, Ella shares her thoughts with me as I am finishing getting ready: Elle:"Mom, all the things in this basket must be really expensive."
Me: "why, I am sure you are right, let's make sure to take good care of them and be so thankful for all we have."
Elle: "Yea, I think the Easter Bunny probably works with the Tooth Fairy. You see they get lots of teeth and then ALL the money for the teeth and then go out and buy all these great things for us."
Me: "Hmmmm. Go share your thinking with your Dad!" Giggle, giggle, chuckle, wow!
On the way home from church Scott and I watched Christian fall asleep in his carseat in about 30 seconds. Then we were blessed to hear this conversation between our 3 and 5 year olds:
Elle:announcing to no one in particular "Jesus died for our sins."
Carter: "Yea, you heared that too!....First Jesus had dinner with all his friends. Then the bad guys came. Then Jesus died and everyone was sad.
Elle: "But Jesus is risen, Hallejlahua!"
Pretty amazing to hear it come from their mouths! I love Carter's version of the Last Supper. How cute!
I will post more pictures from all the fun later but I need to get ready for the busy week ahead. Wah! I know, I'm not on break anymore! I am excited for this summer and how much fun it will be. I pray everyone had a joyful holiday!
No comments:
Post a Comment