Ahh, the trials, tribulations, and joys of being a mom of a one, three, and five year old! A few moments to share that have happened this week. See if you can tell which are the giggles and which were the gasps??
While at the gym the other morning this wonderful woman who worked in the daycare came up to me and said, "your children are so beautiful. Your boys are so handsome. And so sweet. (this alone was enough of a compliment but then she proceeded to say..) and you are so young, you look like a teenager. How can you have three kids??" I am thinking that last part was due to dilermium. I was sweating like an animal and felt closer to passing out since I had just run 4 miles ....uninterupted...what's that Christian was happy enough that noone was sent to get me?? Joy!
Monday I watched my friends three kids while she went to the dentist. Yes, I was in my house with 6 children all 8 and under.....and no one was hurt. (this is both a giggle and gasp!)
Tuesday we were scheduled to have our updated family pictures taken. I have summery outfits planned and it was gray and rainy...so I cancelled.
Wednesday was beautiful (of course) and we were outside from 10:30 until Scott came home. The kids were so entertained and happy to be outside that I managed to rake more than 3/4 of our backyard....ALL.by.MYSELF! yep, feeling that one a bit today!
After the long day of playing outside, Carter fell asleep at the dinner table.
During the outdoor adventures, Ella was being a touch too bossy so I sent her inside to play by herself for a bit. While inside she exercised her freedom of speech and blossoming literacy skills and made a poster that she put on the slider. It read; No BuDE in isept Ella aND GuS. Mom HRT my Felens. and she drew a self portrait wither her dressed to the nine crying and a talk bubble that read "wau, wau".
We had a playdate today with one of Ella's little girl friends, which happens to be one of my best friend's daughter. Ella was so excited to have a 'guest'. Carter was thrilled to. I had done my best to talk to him about some special things he and Christian and I could while they had "girl time". In the van the girls were giggly and adorable and Carter wasn't getting any attention so he started being super silly and laughy. Elle whispers over to Alena, " we can just ignore my brother he is SOOOO silly!" I couldn't help myself from giggling but then it was closely followed by a gasp.... this little scenario that just played out was just a glimpse of what is to come. All the kids will be exactly 2 years apart in school and there will always be kids coming and going from the house. There will be boys annoying the older girls and boys someday gasp chasing girls! YIKES! My mind was coming up with all of these different crazy situations. So I just blocked it out and enjoyed the ride...for now.
We bought a package of the little Cuties. (tangerines) My kids have renamed them Sweeties! The name has stuck and we LOVE them. Christian, too!
Enjoying our week at home together. My brother just called and asked if he could take Ella and Carter for Saturday. SURE! Good thing his girlfriend works at a daycare. Although, I am concerned for their sanity. They want to take them to Bounce World AND Chuck E Cheese. Very intentionally...my children do not yet know these places exsist. Hmmm.....I predict that he will reconsider EVER planning a day like this again. But hey, let's let the rookie go for it. Only one question...can I bug Ella to hear all that goes on that day?? I will keep you posted.
Thursday, April 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds like you have had a wonderful spring break!!! Mine starts tomorrow...YES!!! Time with the kids is so precious. Happy Easter! Miss you!
Post a Comment