Wednesday, March 18, 2009

St. Patty's day pizza picnic

It was the most gorgeous spring day; sunny, 70 degrees, and we had no plans but to enjoy it! From the moment we pulled into the driveway Carter hit the sandbox. He never came in until 2:30. Ella played out there with him building all sorts of beautiful things. Christian and went out and moosey-ed around. It was great. Scott is swamped at work and we figured we would let him work late and head to the park. He couldn't bare it too long. He ended up coming out to hang with us...and he brought pizza. What fun?? We had a grand time swinging on the playset, exploring, and we even met up with some friends from Ella's Sunday school class. I was exhausted running from potential accident to potential accident for the boys. I am sad to say that Christian is more reserved in personality than Carter (THANK GOD!) but the kid is still adventuresome. He was into climbing and crawling and sliding. Thankfully, we made it home and all the kids collapsed into bed. I was mighty tuckered out myself!
The day was filled with laughter and joy. But here were a couple cute....and convicting things that happened that didn't tie into the pictures.
Christian is loving his books right now and is learning all the animal sounds. He would open his farm book, point to the cows and pigs only which in turn is his way of getting me to make their sound. Since my windows were wide open the neighbors might think that there are cows and pigs living in our house. But every noise I had to make was worth it because Christian would give out the loudest deep belly laugh which was motivation enough for me to do it all day long.
After playing outside polishing rocks, digging in the sand castle and throwing an endless number of sticks into the small pond next to our turn around Carter came inside for a much needed snack. As he was sitting on the bar stool playing dominoes, eating his Greek yogurt and granola that little stinker fell fast asleep....on the bar stool....curled up like the family cat. (see below)If I hadn't seen it with my own two eyes, I wouldn't believe it. So I took some pictures for proof. He was exhausted.
After I put Christian down I thought I would sneak out to enjoy my In Style magazine, that I've had for a week and gasp.......haven't cracked open not even once since we have been so busy. As I finally sat in the chair, in the sun, facing my kiddos in the sandbox, Ella looks at me and says, "great idea mom, I think I'll read with you too." She goes in; get's her water bottle to match mine, puts on her sunglasses...like mine then takes her shoes off....like me and sits next to me in the lounge chair. Here we sit side by side in matching shades, bare feet, sipping our water. However, I've chosen junk food for my brain aka trashy magazine while my 5 year old pulls out the Bible. I am sitting there contemplating my "must have new spring clothes" and she leans over and requests, "mom could you read me these words....the ones here in red....yep the words that came out of Jesus' mouth." Talk about loving that girl?!?!!
Chilling out with dad on this windy but beautiful St. Patrick's day.

This little guy LOVED the tunnel. We actually couldn't keep him out of here. In here he would call "ee-www-aa". So sweet he loves his big sis so much.







Big guy walking uphill on his own!

It was so windy, Christian almost fell over.
Checking out the wood chips.........is mom going to let me have this???
My adventuresome boys. I was feeling rather ADHD trying to keep track of my 3 on this playground FULL of children.

Earlier in the day, Carter was busy playing dominoes and having a snack at the counter...it got quiet ...really quiet and I turned around to find this peaceful yet unlikely scenario. Carter curled up on the bar stool---sound asleep! It never woke him to move him from the bar stool to the couch. He just needed a cat nap between his full speed adventures.




Happy day and a sleep filled night! Lovely.

No comments: