Kids say the darndest things! I just thought I would pass on a few of the apparently serious yet highly funny things our kiddos have been saying the last few days.
Sunday night after being in bed for 15 minutes or so Carter comes upstairs crying. Me, "what's wrong buddy?" Carter," I broke my dresser." I go down to examine the situation, Carter had pulled the bottom drawer out too far and it was off track. I fix it. Carter, " thanks mom, you're a super hero. Now will you put these (socks) on my hands??" me: "why?" "I will be Batman while I am sleeping????" The kid has never seen Batman, but it was adorable nonetheless. Me:"Goodnight Batman." Carter,"I'm not Batman MOM, I'm Carter Henry!" I went to check on him right before I went to bed and sure enough there he laid with paci in mouth and white socks on his hands snuggling Mac! Priceless.
We are trying to be more consistent with reading from the Bible. So tonight during dessert I read the story of Noah and the ark. Ella has heard this story many times and loves it! We had the Fisher Price ark out today so I thought it would be fitting to tie it all together. As we are getting to the part about the rainbow I say to Ella. "And what do we think of every time we see a rainbow?" The correct answer is-God's promise that he will never flood the earth again (which she knows...or so I thought??) Tonight Ella's response was, "well it's important that we find the pot of gold on the other end???" W-H-A-T??? Where did she learn that?
Oh yes, another FABulous new trick of Carter's: at random moments throughout the day he just says, "potty". Which in turn sets off a chain reaction. because Ella screams, "mom, Carter is saying potty words again!" Which makes Carter say, "mom Ella said potty,too!" It was so bad that today on the way back from the Y I put Carter in the seat behind me as to seperate the Potty talk because I just couldn't take it anymore! As we walk into the Health Food store Ella turns to Carter and saysin a sassy tone, "don't say potty, just be sweet!~" Carter's response, "o-TAY Ella!"
There were more things I had intended to post, however they are escaping me at this point and I really need to work on report cards.
Monday, March 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh, my goodness! A-DOR-A-BLE!!!! I love that Carter snuggles Mac:) Our Mac turned 5 yesterday!
Post a Comment