Daddy and Carter had a fun time at orientation! He was so excited for his REAL first day!I am a little behind on pictures for our family. We are well into the 2nd week of school and the adjustment is going fairly well. The kids love their classmates and teachers. The time at school flies by. THe pictures in this post are from Carter's orientation day. It was the 2nd day of school for me, so Scott had the lucky priviledge of taking him in for his 1 1/2 hours. They met their teacher, saw the classroom, did a little activity and heard a story. The parents went in and met with the teacher and principal. It was an exciting day! Carter has since been to school 3 full days. He attends Monday, Wednesday, and every other Friday. He loves it. It is an adjustment for him to be in a structured setting for the entire day. He has lunch there...and he is starving. Everyday the lunch bag has been completely empty and I've been packing it pretty full! Growing kids, I guess! He openly shares that he has had a few time outs. Yeesh, as a mom and a kindergarten teacher myself, that is hard to swallow. :)We will keep working on it. He is learning the expectations that's for sure! I will post more pics to come. We have been juggling pics on Scott's new phone plus the camera. I just need to catch up!





1 comment:
What a big guy! I understand completely about having to swallow the time outs at school :-) Boys will be boys that's for sure!!! I hope you are off to a great start in your classroom. Wish our boys could be together on this kindergarten adventure. Enjoy the fall and I hope, hope, hope we can plan a playdate soon!!!
Post a Comment