The poor baby was sicker than a dog the night and day before. He had an awful fever and cough. He just laid on the couch and slept--which is SOOOOO not our little man! Upon waking from one of his naps, he said with a tear in his eye, "I feel really bad, does this mean I can't go to the Monster Truck show?" It literally hurt both Scott and I to see him in such rough shape and then to miss his big night out! Miracle of all miracles, he got to feeling a little better as Saturday carried on. We decided to give him some ibuprofen and let them hit the town. Man was it worth it. He was in heaven! Almost speechless which is pretty impressive for Carter. Scott said he couldn't decide what to watch- Carter's face or the show?? It was all impressive, that's for sure. Carter still talks about it and it's been weeks. I love it when my boys get to hang out with their dad. Scott is such a great dad. He has so many things to teach the boys, but it was great to just see the two of them go out and enjoy some real MAN TIME together. We decided it would be a good idea for us to each have a date night or special event for some one on one time with each of the kids. So this week, Ella and I are headed out for a lovely evening to see Disney Princess on Ice. (watch for the post sometime soon).
Sunday, March 6, 2011
Male Bonding
Explosives, shooting people out of cannons, loud music, even-louder vehicles, and lots of revved up testosterone....what do all these things have in common? They were all part of the equation for the "Guys Night Out". Scott and Carter had a Saturday evening full of male bonding. They attended the Monster Truck Show at the VanAndel Arena here in town. Carter was in awe. He had been waiting for what seemed like forever, and then some!
The poor baby was sicker than a dog the night and day before. He had an awful fever and cough. He just laid on the couch and slept--which is SOOOOO not our little man! Upon waking from one of his naps, he said with a tear in his eye, "I feel really bad, does this mean I can't go to the Monster Truck show?" It literally hurt both Scott and I to see him in such rough shape and then to miss his big night out! Miracle of all miracles, he got to feeling a little better as Saturday carried on. We decided to give him some ibuprofen and let them hit the town. Man was it worth it. He was in heaven! Almost speechless which is pretty impressive for Carter. Scott said he couldn't decide what to watch- Carter's face or the show?? It was all impressive, that's for sure. Carter still talks about it and it's been weeks. I love it when my boys get to hang out with their dad. Scott is such a great dad. He has so many things to teach the boys, but it was great to just see the two of them go out and enjoy some real MAN TIME together. We decided it would be a good idea for us to each have a date night or special event for some one on one time with each of the kids. So this week, Ella and I are headed out for a lovely evening to see Disney Princess on Ice. (watch for the post sometime soon).
The poor baby was sicker than a dog the night and day before. He had an awful fever and cough. He just laid on the couch and slept--which is SOOOOO not our little man! Upon waking from one of his naps, he said with a tear in his eye, "I feel really bad, does this mean I can't go to the Monster Truck show?" It literally hurt both Scott and I to see him in such rough shape and then to miss his big night out! Miracle of all miracles, he got to feeling a little better as Saturday carried on. We decided to give him some ibuprofen and let them hit the town. Man was it worth it. He was in heaven! Almost speechless which is pretty impressive for Carter. Scott said he couldn't decide what to watch- Carter's face or the show?? It was all impressive, that's for sure. Carter still talks about it and it's been weeks. I love it when my boys get to hang out with their dad. Scott is such a great dad. He has so many things to teach the boys, but it was great to just see the two of them go out and enjoy some real MAN TIME together. We decided it would be a good idea for us to each have a date night or special event for some one on one time with each of the kids. So this week, Ella and I are headed out for a lovely evening to see Disney Princess on Ice. (watch for the post sometime soon).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
The looks on his face are awesome!
I took Mitch to see this a few years back and he loved it! It made a lasting impression that pops out every now and then when we drive by the Van Andel Arena. We didn't have the lady shot out of the cannon, though. I knew something was missing...
Post a Comment