Last Wednesday we had the gift of a snow day! I have so many fond memories of our snow days growing up. Since my parents were both teachers, our house was tickled pink each winter morning when we heard the phone ring at 5:30. I can't say the Elle was thrilled on Wednesday when we told her school was cancelled. She LOVES to go! Plus there is absolutely never any sleeping in by the children (yes, I know this will change as they get older-thank goodness!) But I tried to make the day fun and special. We stayed in our jammies for a long time, baked cinnamon rolls, snuggled and read books on the register and then of course called our dear friends from down the road, the Heyboer's to see if they'd come over and play. And play they did! The snow was deep but that didn't keep them from enjoying tromping around in the backyard. They played outside while the little guys, Christian, Colton and the moms hung out inside. I couldn't help but snap a few of these pics from the window overlooking the deck. The treck from the woods to the house proved to be just a little too long, too deep, and too cold for the 4 year olds! (See the last picture of Carter!)We celebrated with Mac n Cheese and some fun, warm playtime inside. I couldn't convince anyone (other than Christian) to take a nap. So we snuggled up and watched a movie instead. Ahh! So much fun.
The snow is up to their knees

Elle and Luke making snow angels on the porch.
Elle and Luke making snow angels on the porch.
"It is TOOO deep and my face is TOO cold!"
No comments:
Post a Comment