We changed clothes, loaded the van and we were off. Scott was going to meet us at Little Lambs. We were going to meet right at 5:15 so we could bip back home for a quick dinner and head to bed since we are all trying to shake another cold (and Christian had an ear infection brewing). I swear Carter floated from the van to the building. His chest was puffed up like some silly animal. He looked so handsome and big--and HAPPY. We walked in and got our name tags. He walked up to the first adult he saw and said, "Hi I am Carter Henry..C--A--R--T---E--R!" with a huge smile on his face then surveyed the adults and said, "Where is Mrs. Galer?" (who is my dear friend and the favorite teacher of all time in our family) We giggled and introduced ourselves and then he was off. It took him NO time to find the table of snacks, make a plate and before I could pry myself away from the conversation I was in to help, he sat down next to a total stranger who appeared to be his same age and introduced himself. He pointed to the name tag on his chest and said, "Hey, I'm Carter! look at these cookies." The boy said, "I'm Nathan. Do you want my cookie? " I am sure they will be fast friends. He absolutely loved it. He played, talked to the teacher, and played some more. We thought it'd be a quick trip. However, almost two hours later we dragged all three kiddos back home for a quick dinner and put them to bed. Carter fell fast asleep with yet another HUGE smile on his face. It was sad to explain to him he would have to wait 7 more months before he could go every week. I am thankful he is so excited. At the same time, I am so thankful that we have 7 more months for growth and time together. He brings so much to each day. I can't imagine what school will be like for him. I have plenty of time to pray for the teachers, they are going to have their hands full with the group of 4 year olds. He will have lots of friends in class: Brooke and Kyle rank up their with two of his best buds. But together that crew could be a handful.
The Heyboer's enjoying a snack too
By the sign in table
Thursday, February 11, 2010
Brimming with excitement
For the past six months Carter has been inquiring about going to school. He loves Sunday school, swimming lessons, and any other chance he gets to demonstrate his abilities. He watches me pack Ella's backpack, lunch, etc....asking when he gets to have all the fun "school stuff". He longs to be part of the 'big kid' world of work and routine. So you can imagine his level of excitement last week while he was WAITING for his preschool open house. I posted the previous entry about his jolly good mood and it was my general belief that it all stemmed from his eagerness to head to his special night "at school". We talked about it all day. I reminded him the proper way to introduce himself to other friends and to make sure to speak to his teachers clearly and look them in the eyes. He was over the moon to go. The whole week he seemed to have this new maturity. It was as if he had grown up overnight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
How cute is Carter!! I just love his big personality. We miss you guys lots!
Awesome! He is going to love preschool! What a big guy. As I always say, time goes by way too fast!!! My training is going well but haven't gone above 8. I am averaging about 30-35 miles a week.
What a natural! How exciting! Before you know it, it'll be Christian's turn!
Post a Comment