Sunday, February 14, 2010

Ice Rink Rendezvous

Last weekend Elle, Carter and I hit the ice rink downtown G.R.. The kids had been bugging us and Sunday afternoon during Christian's nap, seemed to be a great time to do it. The sun was shining and it wasn't too cold. I had opted out the last two years being pregnant and then staying home with the little guy last year. Let's just say it was a focused effort on my part to keep from being flat on the ice.
Elle of course, took right off like she's been doing it twice a week since she was four. Honestly, I couldn't keep up with her. It was grand that she was tickled to zip around the rink on her own while I hung with Carter. He used the "red thing" (which we have no good technical name for) but it helped him to get the feel of things. We even ran into some of my friends- thus the lucky shot of the three of us.

Taking a little break
Catching on all on his own

And he is off!

Zipping around

Happy as a penguin since he was skating more than crashing

Her idea of a great Sunday afternoon: ice skating + hot chocolate= great fun
Enjoying the rink together (this was a very difficult shot for me to get. You know, getting ahead of them, turning around, and then snapping a decent shot. Really this is a miracle picture!)



Ella and Scott escaped back to the rink yesterday. I was stuck home with the boys who weren't feeling the greatest. It was a nice Daddy/daughter date. I was glad to hear he couldn't keep up with her either. We watched some segments of the Olympics with the kids on Saturday morning and Elle was really fired up to do some ice skating. So she did. She was surprised at how difficult it was to do the tricks! No triple axle turns this year..Wheew!

No comments: