Monday, October 31, 2011

School Festivities

Carter next to his "alien pumpkin" he submitted in the school pumpkin contest.
YOu should have seen how green our hands were after spray painting that little pumpkin.

It has been a fun-filled October. We have spent a lot of time at school with the kids. They had their Oktoberfest-ivities, Halloween parade, Halloween parties, a fieldtrip, and parent-teacher conferences. I feel like lately I am ALWAYS in a school: either mine or theirs! Here are some pictures and of course, there are more to come.
Here are some of the other uber-cute submissions to the pumpkin contest (not ours though)

The grand prize winner: the Caledonia Snow White and Seven Dwarfs
"The Bug"
Ella's Artsy creation. She glued about a zillion jewels on the sides and back for hair. She won "Best in Art"
Games at Oktoberfest & the famous "balloon lady" Carter was smitten
A fun package arrived from MN with treats and gifts for the kids. They were so excited.

Carter's Frank artwork that was hanging outside his class room.

1 comment:

Kirsten Carlson said...

Soooooooo much fun! I love the creative pumpkins. And those leaves at the festival, what a fun idea. I imagine they were hunting for something in those. I am going to steal that idea for next year! Hope you are finding time to relax in all the craziness of fall. Now it's time for the craziness of holiday season!!!