Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Fun











To those of you who know our family well, you may be searching for pictures of the important family events....like the birthdays of both CARTER and CHRISTIAN. These milestones did not go unnoticed, I have scores of pictures~ I promise to post them.....before their next birthdays. :) I have a few moments to share some of today's joys. We woke up early (it seems the reserve the sleeping in days for Monday- Friday, ironic??? Yes!) We got dressed for church and even scurried to get a family picture before we hustled out the door. We had an amazing service at church the kids and adults seemed to skip to the car singing praise songs and enjoying the sunshine! When we arrived home, much to our surprise, the yard and landscaping was covered in brightly colored Easter eggs (and slushy mud but I think I have all the clothes scrubbed now and there are no lasting stains=whew!) Ella had left a note for the Easter Bunny on the garage door. Luckily, he read it and left their baskets hidden in the garage! Shortly after we discovered all the eggs and baskets, Grandpa and Grandma Blackmer arrived to catch some of the festivities. We enjoyed a nice lunch and afternoon playing outside. The kids played ball, rode bikes, and blew bubbles. Scott took the kids up the the school to play at the playground while I went for a run. It was a perfect way to spend the day. Here are some fun pictures!



"I can't bee-weave all these eggs, can you mom?" squeals Christian


Just a few eggs, I'd say!


Taste testing is a key step in unloading the eggs


A very tickled 5 year old!


Ella and Grandpa--- strawberry Peeps, who knew?



So much fun to see what's inside!


Picking up was even fun!


Grandpa and Grandma brought some fancy cupcakes to have for dessert!

1 comment:

Kirsten Carlson said...

Awwww... Happy Easter Moorlag family! Love the family picture and the cupcakes are so cute! Maybe spring is actually here. Take care and keep running! Oh, thanks so much for the Good Luck card! I received it on a very cold and rainy day. It gave me the boost I needed to get out the door for my run. 6 more days until race day!