Saturday night we opened up the garage and enjoyed the warm weather while we carved our pumpkins. The kids had been thinking of their face designs for some time! As you can see, they were into every step of the way. I loved the easy clean up....however the leaf collection on our lawn rivals any other year. Yesterday we had a huge storm system come through with crazy winds and rain. My school was cancelled, so the boys and I played at home all morning. We were in a tornado watch on and off for an hour or so. Ella spent time nestled in the hallways. We are so thankful everyone was safe. Now we have tons of leaves to clean up. I don't plan to start that project until the winds die down, it is a pointless battle.
Wednesday, October 27, 2010
October Fun
We are fully embracing all of the fun and festivities of the fall season here. As the yearly tradition goes, the kids received a big package from Grandma Moorlag. We are always delighted to find a package of goodies on our front step! Inside she had gifts for each of the kids and TWO Tupperware containers full of cookies for everyone to share. Those were delicious spider web cookies, Grandma! The kids love their books too!
Friday night Ella had her Octoberfest at school. It was fun. They had an impressive magic show, pumpkin contest (which Ella entered all on her own) and lots of games and fun. The kids stayed out on the playground, way past their bedtime! It was surprisingly warm.
Saturday night we opened up the garage and enjoyed the warm weather while we carved our pumpkins. The kids had been thinking of their face designs for some time! As you can see, they were into every step of the way. I loved the easy clean up....however the leaf collection on our lawn rivals any other year. Yesterday we had a huge storm system come through with crazy winds and rain. My school was cancelled, so the boys and I played at home all morning. We were in a tornado watch on and off for an hour or so. Ella spent time nestled in the hallways. We are so thankful everyone was safe. Now we have tons of leaves to clean up. I don't plan to start that project until the winds die down, it is a pointless battle.

Saturday night we opened up the garage and enjoyed the warm weather while we carved our pumpkins. The kids had been thinking of their face designs for some time! As you can see, they were into every step of the way. I loved the easy clean up....however the leaf collection on our lawn rivals any other year. Yesterday we had a huge storm system come through with crazy winds and rain. My school was cancelled, so the boys and I played at home all morning. We were in a tornado watch on and off for an hour or so. Ella spent time nestled in the hallways. We are so thankful everyone was safe. Now we have tons of leaves to clean up. I don't plan to start that project until the winds die down, it is a pointless battle.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Josie said, "good job on the pumpkins!" I can't wait to do mine, too! I love you!
So FUN!!! I am glad the weather didn't damage anything or anyone! We lucked out and it went south of us...whewwww! Love the grinning Jack-o-lanterns!!!
Post a Comment