Thursday, October 21, 2010

My Little Runner Girl!

On a daily basis I marvel at our three little pumpkins for something they do that impresses, inspires, motivates, encourages, or wows me! Last weekend, Ella and I ran the Grand Rapids Children's Marathon. She was so into it. She is so athletic and eager, I can't help but wonder about all she will do in the coming years. While Carter did decline to run with us...at the last minute, we did have fun. So much fun that Scott, Carter, and Christian want to do it with us next year. Yeah! a family event! Staying active and healthy is such an important lifestyle I want to instill in each of the kids, it just makes me giddy to get out and do this sort of thing! I am so thankful that we live in a city with events like this. Elle did great! She was ready to sprint the whole 1.2 miles. She rocked it that's for sure. I couldn't have been prouder. Here we are ready to get in line with the other "700 or so runners".
There we are starting off (far left)

We heard Dad cheering for us.

Our cheerleaders!
On our way to the finish line

Having lots of FUN! We ended up running with our dear friends the Oevermans....well not the big boys the were sprinting!

Look at her run it out!
Here she is with her medal that reads:
Big feat for small feet! She was shocked that Culver's had free ice cream for all the runners. We also enjoyed apples, bananas, go-gurt, cheese sticks, and bagels! What a spread they put out for us!
We had to get a few pics by the sign we can't wait to do it again next year.

2 comments:

Kirsten Carlson said...

Oh, what fun!!! That is awesome! What great memories and pictures for Ella to have when she is older and running her first full marathon :-) Russell is asking all the time to run a race. When is our next run??? Cincinatti May 1st??? Funn girls weekend???

Lisa said...

How exciting! She looks so proud (and so does Mama). What a great family tradition!