Sunday, April 11, 2010

Day One- sunny with a chance of sunburn!

While on vacation, we took over 500 pictures so I couldn't quite decide how to post them. I did a few highlights on the last post and now I will try a few posts of day by day. That way I can manage a few posts in smaller time slots.
We left on Thursday, drove through the night and made great time. The kids traveled so well! We were playing on the beach before lunch on Friday. We were highly motivated since it was sunny and in the mid 80s. Unfortunately, Scott and I were so focused on getting the kids prepped for the beach and all that entailed, we failed to administer sunscreen efficiently on ourselves. Our white Michigan backs were FRIED! Unfortunately, Christian got a bit too. He was a trooper.

Here he is with grandpa, experiencing the ocean sand and waves for the first time. He loved it

Stripped down to his swimming trunks in NO time.


Carter rushed to the ocean and didn't think twice about heading for the waves. He was totally in his element.

No time to stop for dinner, we played until there was only a little energy left. Then we ordered Pizza Hut and had it delivered. Pizza on the balcony, overlooking the ocean...what a way to end the day.


1 comment:

Kirsten Carlson said...

Oh, how I want to be at the ocean right now! Although we can't complain too much about our weather. It's been pretty dreamy for Michigan. I can't wait to see more of your vacay pics! This next month is going to fly by...I can't wait to see you May 8th. We will have to plan a meeting point. AC and I will be staying downtown at Courtyard Marriott or JW. We plan on hitting SanChez Saturday night in celebration!!!