Sunday, October 18, 2009

Hi there strangers

I know I haven't been exactly "Johnny on the spot" with posting on the blog lately. I spend time on the computer, just most of it consists of school work these days! The school year is off to a good start, I continue to stay busy adjusting to the new school, new staff, and new students.
I am thankful to say that I am finally feeling better! I am not 100% yet, but it is greatly improved. WOW! I haven't been sick that that in a very long time...thank goodness. I still have an occasional cough and tiredness that creeps up on me. To my faithful readers, you all know that I had set the goal to run a half marathon this fall (actually today) and due to the 'crud' I was sad to miss it this morning, but knew that I wasn't at the level I was this summer. I did have a glorious 5 mile run yesterday. The scenery was magnificent and the temps were a touch chilly! I felt strong enough to keep going...which is a huge improvement.
The family has been busy! Christian's vocabulary is growing leaps and bounds daily. He cracks us up because we all call him our little parrot. He copies the kids now too. His key phrase for the weekend was, "I want it!"
Carter hit a huge milestone a few weeks back. One that any "with it" mom would have paid a huge tribute to by writing up a page long post the Monday it happened. Early one Monday morning (with no prompting mind you) he announced over breakfast that he "weally didn't need his Mac and Paci anymore, cuz I'm a big guy." I went with it! I scooped it up and "package it" for our friend's baby Morgan. He had a few tears that night at bedtime and at one point claimed, " I change-ed my mind!" But with a little encouragement he did it and never looked back. Wow! He is so amazing. Last night we ventured out to his favorite restaurant- Applebee's to celebrate. He was so grown up and matter of fact at the reason for celebration. It was heartwarming to see him so happy!

We had a fun filled weekend of outdoor activities. Friday afternoon we went to a park close by to enjoy the sunshine and colors. Saturday we ran over to the Heyboer's for fall fun---hayride included! Sunday we went to church, had fun making caramel corn and then headed to Fallsburg Park in Lowell. It was a great weekend. I have many pictures to download and I will try to post them soon.
Scott and I are counting down the days this week. Next weekend we are headed up North to enjoy a weekend with friends and participate in wine tasting. Yipee!

No comments: