Ella LOVES Mrs. Williams (although I am not sure anyone can replace Mrs. Galer (our ultimate, favorite kdg. teacher who called and left Ella THE.SWEETEST. VOICEMAIL. EVER today- how did she find time to call, tell Ella how much she missed her, and wish her well with Mrs. Williams. You should have seen the shock on Ella's face when Mrs. Galer mentioned Mrs. Williams. Teachers---of course know EVERYthing!).
There is another Ella in her class. She has a twin, Lola who is also in their class. We have discussed this since mid summer when the class list was revealed and after much deliberation in her own mind, Ella revealed at breakfast this morning that she planned to tell Mrs. Williams that she would like to be referred to as Ella M. (not Elle and definitely not Ellie!) How sweet, thoughtful, and independent! A little self assertion. Mom likes all the thought that went into this decision on her part.
There are 13 boys and 9 girls. Scott is sure Ella MUST be the oldest, smartest, and most mature girl in the class. (Dad's are never prejudice, right??)
Ella loves the loft in their room. She is thrilled to be eating lunch and having art once a week. And much to Ella's delight, she will get to ride the bus on Friday afternoon's for about 20 minutes to be dropped at daycare. Scott did a through job of taking pictures and reporting back all the important details. Here are the pics:
Jan, our sweet daycare provider had to snap a picture of proud dad and his little girl. Aren't they sooooo cute! Glad they got to share this special day. Ella thinks I should "come along" next time. :) We are easing into the first week. Today was a little over an hour. Friday is a half day, and Monday is a FULL day, until 3:30. I am sure she'll be in bed by 6:00. The boys were so pooped from today that I put them both down at 6:30 and Elle was out by 7:15. I am headed to bed. I haven't been sleeping so well with all the back to school thoughts running through my head at night. On a positive note, Christian has been sleeping through the night for the most part the last 2 nights. He was up at 5 for a bottle this morning. Poor baby had shots at his dr. appt yesterday. Here are his stats at 17 months (ok, so I missed the 15 month appt....I am a mother of 3. He is the third. I was writing my thesis. Enough rolling your eyes grandma---he is now caught up on all the vaccines!) Christian height 34" =95% weight25 pounds = 50% on target for all skills..except dr. did say he is capable of sleeping through the night it's just up to me. Hmmm???
Now I am feeling bad that Ella and Christian have gotten all the press on this post. So I have to share a funny Carter quote. We are in the bathroom and I am helping him snap his pants. I am bent over and Carter is looking directly down my shirt. "Mom, what are those two pretty bouncy things???" Me: giggling: "Carter that's mom's chest "(honestly, people breasts is one of the last vocabulary words I want to give this 3 year old right now!) Carter: rubbing his chest and looking at mine: "Wow! Mom your chest is different than mine!" Me: "yes, I have a mommy body and you have a boy body." Carter feeling me up: "I like these mommy!" Then he steps up to the stool to wash his hands. Enough said. Sheeze. What a man! What more can I say???
2 comments:
So glad Ella is excited about school! I am confused, are yo uworking full time? Why is Ella going to K again? Hope your year is off to a great start!
Looks like Ella will have a great year in Caledonia!!! She will learn so much and be so ahead academically and emotionally due to her year at Grandville. What a great choice you made. We will do the same with Russell.
Carter...totally cracks me up! Russell had a similar experience with my brother's girlfriend's chest! I was a bit embarrassed. I unfortunately don't have quite the "mommy" chest others have so it was new to him :-)
Post a Comment